Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Graduate

The Graduation went so smoothly. I am so proud of my daughter, Renee. BSN, now she studies for the next month to take her boards in early July. RN. She does have a job lined up for August in town, but it is not official as yet.

Mom, Marie, and Court drove down on Friday morning, arrived in Baltimore just in time to see my daughter get pinned in the first ceremony. Because of cell phones, I was able to call and get immediate directions from her boyfriend Jason.
Jason had just graduated from Temple the day before. Congratulations Jason.

After this ceremony, walked back to Renee's apartment and ate the Italian lunch that Renee requested from our local deli. Mom brought tomatoes for the caprizzi salad and cousin Marie brought homemade brownies. We then walked to the graduation ceremony.

I got emotional seeing the School of Nursing walk in. When their degree was announced, the newly minted MDs all stood up with their green sashes and tipped their hats in homage to the new nurses. Nicely done! The little comments from the individual deans and the Dean of the school were well orchestrated and made it interesting. We got on the road shortly after this ceremony and her father's family took over celebrating with her by taking her to dinner in Little Italy.

It was so good to see my eldest and her husband too. It has been awhile since we last spent some quality time together. They all gave me a gift certificate to iTunes for Mother's Day. It will be used wisely.

Taught Sunday School this morning on Hebrews Chapter 7, Melchisadek, a difficult lesson for me, as well as 11 year old people. But with supernatural power, The Lord helped me communicate the treasure that He gave to me in preparation. The appearance of Melchizadek as a picture of Christ showed that God was anxious to show His people what was to come. Amazing God. Amazing Grace that I can do this for Him. It is when I am teaching that I sense His Power the most. It takes me all day to come back down from the joy of it.

Great weekend, will live in my memory. Congratulations Nurse Renee. I am so very proud of you and all of your accomplishments. Image hosted by Webshots.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home