Saturday, April 15, 2006

Perfect Day

Today feels like summer with its perfect weather. Weeping cherry is in full bloom. Magnolia petals falling fast. This is the best week for blooms. Trees are not in full leaf, still budding, so you can really see all the light and shadow of the woods. I saw the beaver hut today, finally. Walked to the very back of the yard where our used christmas trees go to die, and really saw the huge mound that is their home. You can't see it when everything is green. Hard to believe how many trees have come down with just two sets of teeth. Perhaps there are more now, I am pretty sure I saw a small beaver a couple of weeks ago. But I have not seen any other activity. The neighbors may have had the beaver family trapped and moved.

I was able to do most of my favorite things in one day. Spent a lot of time with T and R, throwing the ball and walking around the property. So beautiful! I Shopped for more beads and beading supplies at the town bead store, making a pair of earrings and two necklaces and one bracelet. They are the best I have ever made.
I bought high quality beads. I love it when the beads seem to come together from the different collections that I have. Did the food shopping and preparing the meal for tomorrow. Easter is so easy. Ham, potato salad, baked beans, pineapple bread, green salad and broccoli. I made candied walnuts for the salad too. Would be a nice meal for the family, but it is only Court and myself tomorrow. Mom and Dad are going to Patty's house for her birthday/Easter.

I got to read a lot today too. Art magazines, catalogs. Tomorrow, I'll make another batch of dog biscuits and then I'll draw and paint and really top off a great vacation. For the watercolor, I have to make an appointment with myself and push and just do it because I get these blocks and won't allow myself to do what I love the most because of the bit of perfecionism that I have about this art. If I make time to do it every day no matter how tired I am, that will be a big help. Each Sunday it is hard to pick up from where I left off from the last Sunday. I have this idea that I have to be completely rested to really paint well. The only day I have free in the good light is Sunday afternoon. When I get back to work on Monday and if I have not painted, I dont feel as if I had a complete weekend. Painting is that healing for me. I beleve it is for others too. Everyone needs to find something that they make. It's good for the soul.

What do you do?

1 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Helen said...

HI, thanks for the comment you left on my blog!
Happy Easter, It must be lovely to be able to paint, I'm no good at it, probably not patient enough!
Those pesky beavers sound a nusciance, do you live in the country, we live in a busy town and don't see much wildlife, God Bless you, I noticed you are an evangelist, be encouraged God will take your words to do something new in someones life,
take care,
Helen x.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home