Friday, May 05, 2006

Full Day

Just added to iPod tonight: Robin Marks (revival in Belfast) among a few other favorite worship songs. Great folk Irish worship. "Be Unto Your Name" havent heard this in 5 years!! We just dont do that song at Calvary. Reminds me so much of my former worship leader, Dave. Miss him. Promise to call him and catch up.

Helped to move the department today to the new building. It was very hard physically moving, lifting and emptying boxes, and there is more of that tomorrow. Going to work on SATURDAY. "I'm going to have to ask you to...." It's only for the morning though and it will be fun. I DO love the new building, it's like working in a huge mall. Large light filled atrium and two different places to eat, the food is actually GOOD, there is no reason to ever need to leave the campus during the day to get food. Unlike what we are used to, the prices even seem reasonable. The robot mail cart is going to take some getting used to. Felt like I was in a movie today.
I still get a thrill from seeing my name on a cube. Red carpet rolled out for us, feeling of belonging. Course, the name tag is magnetized, easily removed, replaced. sigh.

Work is where I spend most of my good conscious energy and waking life. It has been a privilege working for this company, supporting and helping brilliant people make better medicine. I am seemingly misplaced in my present department, but I believe none of this time is wasted. We have a strange team of AAs, various skill levels, and backgrounds, but we have had a lot of fun coming together as a team, laughing, running this move project. Jealous of the stamina of the others. One would never guess that these women were capable of such physically demanding work. I especially enjoy Loretta's Irish-Philadelphia humor. Reminds me so much of the friends of my parents that I grew up with. "Uncle Fred and Aunt Betty, Aunt Franny" among others.

Dr called tonight with results of my blood test from Tuesday. Cholesterol is high, 240. I'm on the border of where they want to give Statin treatment. Dont want it.
Mentioned low fat diet and retest in 6 months. I dont agree. The other test that I was interested in was the Rheumatoid Arthritis. Yes, numbers elevated. Showed muscle inflamation. Thanks again Lyme Disease. What will a Rheumatologist do for me? Pain meds? Vioxx anyone? Dr. was funny. "I'm going to put you on a low fat diet, do you know what that is?" No, I'm a 50 year old female, I havent the foggiest idea of what you are talking about, doc.

Saw Pride and Prejudice tonight with Kiera Knightly. It was just beautifully filmed, wonderfully acted. Artwork.

Received large order of new beads from Fire Mountain Gems that I had ordered as well as my gatorboard, new journal, and dvd about card making. UPS driver gave me a funny look. Maybe because I had special instructions on the package referring to him as "Dear Gingerbread Man." Or maybe because my viscious dogs chased him back to his truck. dunno.

Thank you Jesus for my job, my life, my words that you bless, my art and my ability to see and appreciate. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home