Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Administrative Professional Day

If you are an admin, Happy Day to you. I was appreciated at my office. Cards, Flowers, candy, a beautiful teapot, and a lunch invitation. It's been a difficult few months in my new department at work and most of the worker-bees know it. My mission is the same whether I have a boss/manager with integrity or not. I am here to serve. I have several mottos. One is "whatever it takes" and "it is my pleasure to serve you." Heard Steven Covey's presentation to Admins today and learned that I am doing a lot of things right. There is a purpose to my being there and even though my time there may be brief, it will be meaningful and will speak of purpose and eternity and integrity. The way one does one's job and treats people is significant. What I have to give the corporation are the gifts I receieved from God; like humility, grace, peace, forgiveness and the knowledge of who I am and Whose I am.

We have only 6 business days to our big move uptown. I am looking forward to it and hope that my physical frame holds out. There is a lot of pain in moving and sorting files. We will need to pack several people's belongings as they are unavailable for one reason or another. I am going to need supernatural strength to do my job well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home