Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter vacation

Church was great yesterday and the weather was perfect for an Easter Sunday. Pastor focused on the character of Thomas and his reaction to the resurrection. Great character study. Last year, he focused on Mary Magdalen. Thomas is famous these days for his connection to his supposed gospel and Gnosticism (the body is evil, the resurrection was about spirit) So, it's ironic to me that he is the one who wanted to touch the wounds. Just focusing on that one life, that one reaction... written there to prove that it was a physical death and a physical resurrection. It is good to think on these things. I like to read a book this time of year called, "The Resurrection of the Shroud" by Mark Antonacci...I didnt come across it this year because my books are scattered at this point. (must organize!) I like to think that the shroud of Turin is authentic. Mark has some convincing research in his book. Even if it is not the burial shroud of the Lord, it does cause one to meditate on the actual real event. Further, if it is not authentic, it is an amazing work of art. My faith does not depend on it either way. I've been convinced both ways at different times in my life.

Although I missed having my daughters with me, we did have our traditional meal of ham, potato salad, pineapple bread pudding, and baked beans. Just the two of us..Court seemed to enjoy dinner. Actually opened a bottle of wine. That was his homage to my holiday, I guess. He mocked me a bit while he was cooking breakfast for himself. "The Lord is risen," he said with a smirk, "Indeed," I said. I did talk about Pastor's Thomas sermon a bit at dinner. And repeated the story of the six year old who had a visit with Jesus. The Lord told him that he would be coming home with Him soon. That night his mom found that his hip was swollen and he had cancer and did go to heaven two years later. But Court was busy reading his "how to live a long life" book. Run, Court, Run. The Hound of Heaven is after you. I wanted to pray out loud, but I was afraid that I would say something terrible like, "Thank you Lord, that Court is here to enjoy this meal, as there is no ham and potato salad in hell." So, no prayer out loud. "so that they might be won without a word." right.

The rest of the day was spent playing with T and R and making beaded jewelry. Matter of fact, today is another personal holiday and I am continuing with beading, although I promised myself today would be for painting. Just a few more chores and I will get right on it. Have a few cards to make, and some cartoon ideas I need to get on paper.

Funny thing happened on the way to church yesterday. There was a man in front of me in a blue and white dodge truck. He was the spitting image of my father about 10 years ago. I called my mom just to see where he was. He was with her on their way to my sister's house. I was convinced it was him! Wish I had the guts and presence of mind to jump out of my car at the light and ask if I could take his picture with my phone. I really thought it was him for a long time, but he would have been really off his normal path, he doesnt drive a truck anymore let alone anything else, and then I was in Northeast Philadelphia! Then the dad-a-like started smoking. Dad never smoked. I know that man noticed me staring at him funny, and kept checking in his side mirror at me.

Wait.. what's that noise??? It's the Dyson!! It's an easter miracle!! Because I have so much pain lately and especially today, I asked Court to find it in his heart to vacuum today and he's ACTUALLY DOING IT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home