Monday, April 10, 2006

Company!!

Had an interesting Surprise visit from the woman who used to visit her grandparents in this house many years ago. She was late forties, and her memories go back to the sixties. Fun to get her recollections of what the house meant to her. Dining room was all table and family. Grandmother never sat down serving the food. The place was called "Woodbrook." The pond had a family of beavers back then too. I was glad she and her friend came. That is something I would have done, but except it was 8:30 PM, the house was dark, and the porch was dark and we are set way off the road. I dont think I would have done that. Invited her to come back in the day time. Some of the daffodils that Mrs. Wood planted are still coming up year after year. Granddaughter really wanted to see the basement. I love when inner child comes out. That's what that was you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home