Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Steps of the Good Man...

No doubt in my mind that my steps were ordered last evening as I stepped onto the pet cemetary ground. My foot brushed across a bronze plaque and read the name of a woman that I work with. When I asked her this morning if her husband's name was Bill and if she once had a dog named Bailey, she said yes. Then told me that she has 5 Boxer dogs in that cemetary. All had major health problems requiring lots of love and care and thousands of dollars of highly specialized vet care. I have heard a lot of dog stories but have never seen such above and beyond care from beginning to end.
The cost of burial at that cemetary is about $2,000. Amazing. That's on top of knee replacements and heart surgery and oncologists.

The Lord wanted me to know these things about this wonderful woman.

I think I'm a pretty good "pet parent" and do think of my dogs as a member of my family, I do spoil them and talk to them as though they understand, and I do marvel at their level of understanding, but when I receive a diagnosis of terminal cancer for them, I will wait until there is pain and discomfort, loss of quality of life, but will not put my beloved animals through chemo or radiation or even surgery. There will come a time when I will have them put down before they suffer too much.

Even though Dogs do not get a lot of great press in the Word of God, it will not surprise me if the Lord has them waiting for me in heaven. Animals in general are blessings in scripture, and the Lord had Noah go to a lot of trouble for them.
T and R are great ministers to me. When they do leave me, I will pray for the next dogs that the Lord has for me because I believe that He will give me the desires of my heart. He is the One who has given me the passion and appreciation for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home