Sunday, April 09, 2006

Gorgeous Spring Sunday

Took T and R through the drive-through at McDonalds. Just ordered two burgers, no bun, no condiment. "for the dogs" I said. It blew their little minds. R is not too keen on going in the car, she always says, "no thanks, I'll stay right here till you get back." But this time, I convinced her by picking her up and placing her in the back seat. T needed no coercing. First I had to stop at CVS to get m&ms for the office candy bowl, which I have to lock up at night because the night security guard cleans me out. Last week, Shirley, co-secretary, reported my gum balls missing. Lotta good that does. She reports the missing gum balls to the security desk. "If they take gum balls, what is next, where do they draw the line?" Certainly not with m&ms so, I lock them up at night. Confidential, prioritary papers can stay right out on the desk though.

Anyway, T and R are the best dogs in the world, and I don't do things like this often enough. They used to go with us all the time on our Sunday drives. I dont even go on our Sunday drives anymore. They got a lot of attention on our outings. I used to walk them a lot in the neighboroods and around the park too. T developed a heart murmer a couple years ago and couldnt make it too far without being out of breath. So now R and I just play ball a lot in the yard. She begs me. If I come home from work, exhausted, she will stand on my chest and stare at me. Bore a hole in me to get me to take her outside and throw that ball. She barks with delight when she finally wins her game of charades. Their whole life is one big game of charades. I use a ball thrower. It's an extention of your arm. It works well for me, but I have to use my left arm now to throw because my right arm hurts a lot. T goes out with us, but just barks (cheers) for R as she Always gets the ball. She is serious about the ball. Teddy will get it if I tell them the ball is too far away for me to get it as R drops it upon her return. "I cant get that" I say if it is more than 10 feet away. Then T will bring it the rest of the way to me. He's the smart one, R is the Jock. T doesnt really understand the game of fetch. He thinks if I throw it, I should go get it. He'll cheer for me, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home