Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sick Bay

Havent felt much like typing or doing anything. Been sick all week and today I just went to ground. My prayer to the Lord went something like this, "You see this?" and of course, Yes, He did. He sent the Heron in the pond this morning with a full wing span in the full morning sunlight so that I thought it was a pure white egret and had to go out to look. Got me out of bed. I couldn't appreciate the first normal below 90 degree day in several weeks due to the stuff in my head and achyness, but I did get out there with the dogs. If this had been a work day I would not have been able to go. I gave my all at the office yesterday while sick.

Later this afternoon, there was a young buck in the driveway. Couldnt count the points on his antlers.

I was able to read a lot on my laptop today about watercolor. Specifically Bruce MacEvoy's Handprints online diary. He's an excellent writer and echoes some of my same thoughts and frustrations. Such as: When I dont have the energy to paint, I can always read about it, or watch a demo. I can store that information for when I really do have the time and energy. Perhaps tomorrow. I have got to feel better tomorrow.

I am planning on a real painting vacation. I may need to do this alone unless I can find someone like me who needs to paint and understands that it is a solitary time consuming thing. I was disappointed that I only got one painting finished in an entire week. If it had rained, I would have gotten more done. Next time, that is going to be what vacations are for. Paint and relax, draw and relax, paint and relax and EAT. Spaghetti and hot dogs if I want!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home