Thursday, July 06, 2006

Why Dogs Smile and Chimpanzees Cry

Great program. I highly recommend finding out when this is broadcast on your local PBS station. It's conclusions are what I have suspected all along, that the animal world of emotions and connections to each other are far more complicated than we ever dreamed.

My sister just told me a story about observing squirrels playing like kids, one was playing with a stick and then both were pulling each other off low branches. Reminds me that Jesus mentioned the sparrows, when they fall, the Father in heaven notices. Point being, if He knows about fallen sparrows, He certainly knows about you and your needs. One Sparrow mother built a nest on my porch in a birdhouse, and the look on her face as I discovered her. "What are YOU lookin' at?" "yeah, I'm sittin' on my nest of eggs, what're you gonna do about it?" I just watch. She gets upset when we are on the porch. She complains from a nearby bush the entire time I am outside.

I have enjoyed observing the animals in and near our pond. Recently, two baby snapping turtles were observed on the rocks. I always see the Green Heron too. His caw is distinctive and he is around often. The Blue Herons are less frequent, but I see them at least twice a week. They always watch me before deciding to fly off.
They look just like pterodactyl when they fly off. Gorgeous blue-grey color in the sunlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home