Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy 27th Birthday to my first daughter!!

I had been looking forward to last night all week long. Shopped, cleaned and straighted. My daughter requested her favorite foods, crab cakes and steak and corn on the cob. I gave her a pearl bracelet that I made and an Ipod adapter for her XM radio. It was a memorable evening. It was good to see G, my son in law and R and her boyfriend J were there too. I think they will all remember the meal for a while. G helped me cook the steaks and corn and garlic bread on the grill while I made the crab cakes and salad. I wouldnt have been able to do it without him. It was the kind of food that you can only prepare so much ahead of time if you want everything hot and served at the same time. Shame I didnt measure anything. I really want to remember that crab cake recipe that I just made up. The whole mix should be fairly loose and just barely hold together as you place the cakes in the pan to saute. Here's what I can remember. All measurements are approximate:

~One pound can Phillips Crab meat
~one cup fresh quality breadcrumbs made with a yellow egg bread in food processor.
~half cup parmesian and garlic cheez-it crackers, crushed in aforementioned processor.
~half cup cream (or half and half)
~third cup mayo
~tsp curry powder (this was the secret)
~tsp salt and pepper and old bay seasoning
~one egg
~lemon juice
~parsley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home