Sunday, July 02, 2006

Operation Red Rover... Success!

I got that job. I am returning to my former department. It has been a long process. I've known since last Tuesday. Not sure why there was a delay because I should have been notifed before end of day last Friday 23 June. God always wants me to wait like that so I notice that it is He who provides and it is He who acts on my behalf. The pause is useful as a trusting place. For the most part, I did trust, but was annoyed in the process. I will finally get the raise that I was supposed to get coming to this department. Not sure why that was such a long arduous process either. That was a year and six months overdue. Retro pay is still promised. Large corporations move slowly, but this has been extra silly. The high levels never seem to have to wait this long for promotions, and they don't have to wait for bonuses, those are timed.

As for the secretary who tried to prevent this from happening... I went up to the department and appeared in her cube and said loudly, "HI HONEY, I'm HOME!"
I saw a Look of annoyed resignation. People have no idea what they give away on their faces.

It is none of my business why she did what she did, and rubbing her nose in it is not my intention, but I will not turn my back on her either. At some point, she will know what I believe to be true about what happened. It wont be a public comment, but she will definitely know that I know the truth. I rarely know why people do what they do. But there are times when I can't help but try to guess.

Now they will negotiate the terms of my release. This is the best game of Red Rover EVER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home