Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Painted for a Wedding Gift



This is what I painted for Chad and Meghan for their wedding on Friday. I was very happy with it. It is framed in a simple black frame which sets off the colors.
May their marriage include the Lord God and may they be fruitful.

Wish I had time to paint more. I do love it.

But, I have decided to go to grad school for a degree in counseling. Starts on Thursday. Not everyone thinks I'll be successful. I'm doing it anyway. If I don't try, I'll never know and I will regret it. Regret is a terrible pain. I sure wish they made an over-the-counter salve for that malady.

I am promising myself with this blog that I will set aside time to paint no matter how busy I get. If I am more disciplined with "lights out," I may have more stamina.

So, I'm registered. Printed out the syllabus and requirements. I have an email address at the University. I am looking forward to this. My largest fear is that I will be too physically exhausted to carry on.

Bottom line is that God will have to give me the strength to carry on. As Jill said, either that verse is true or it isn't. "I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me. I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me." Philippians 4:13 was one of the first verses that I ever took to heart.

"And my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus."

Someday, all this pain is going to make sense, and God will take it and use it for His Glory and in the service of comforting and steering His sheep right into His loving arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home