Sunday, August 26, 2007

Disintgrating while Integrating

I got my first bad report from the doctor last week. I had been suffering some swelling in my legs and angles this summer. I finally went to the doctor about it when the otc aqua ban didn't do the trick. He put me on a very effective water pill, and sent me off for some blood work. He doesn't think it is my heart or my kidneys, but that my veins are disintegrating and leaking and not doing their job. So. It's good news really, even though no one wants to hear that they are disintegrating. The irony here is that I have never been more integrated in my character in my life. This is a good discovery and it signals the beginning of old age. Because of the grace of God and the opportunity that I have attending school, I am acquiring wisdom. People close to me say that I have changed. (am in process of changing) Being conformed to the image of Christ. That pain that I feel is me dying to self. That's a good thing.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." 2Cor 4:16

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds good...I mean the integrating part, not the disintegrating part. I hope that part gets better. It's always nice to hear from an outside source that they can notice a change when you feel you have been working on a change. Thanks for your comments on my post...as for the 6 yr. old & empathizing with others. I ask her those kinds of questions "How would you feel..." She always swears that it (whatever it may be at that moment) would not bother her at all if she were in the other person's shoes, which I, of course, know is complete rubbish - she would have her feelings hurt like crazy. Anyway, that's my answer about that. I'm not sure it's normal, either, but maybe life/parents/God will help her not grow up into a control freak...and I'll try to help while I'm in her life, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home