Friday, April 20, 2007

Vietnam

About a month ago, I got my oil changed. While I was in the waiting room, I noticed a picture of a soldier in a rice paddy next to a framed citation of merit from the United States Congress. A letter of commendation to the soldier earning him a silver cross for bravery above and beyond the call of duty. While under heavy fire, and having been wounded himself, he crawled out from cover, saved his wounded Sargent, stopped the bleeding, dragged him back to safety. He risked his life. The guy in the picture was the owner of the station and the man changing my oil. Same look of determination. I was fascinated. Normally a Civil war person, this captured my attention.

No less than FOUR times that week was there a reminder of Vietnam. A friend showed me a bunch of pictures including one of her husband in uniform in 'Nam, then a couple other incidences, and then when the fourth one happened while I was talking to another secretary about her first job, she said, "that's when my husband was in Vietnam." I had to sit down. What was God trying to tell me? He had been speaking to me about agape love and how he wanted me to love my friends. "Would you risk your life like that?" and "I want you to love like that."
This is how He speaks to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home